Thursday, September 6, 2012

Illuminate

A picture is worth a thousand words.  And I want to capture the pictures I see around me daily.

I am starting a photography class online for moms who have had a baby die. And I am very excited about taking this class. I have wanted to learn more about photography for a long time, however I never had the motivation or the inspiration before to draw from. I do now. Gideon gives me that inspiration. Since Gideon went to heaven, I now have a different perspective on life. I view things differently. Literally. I actually see the things around me differently than I did before. I notice the small things in more detail. I appreciate the beauty around me. I notice people around me in more detail. I have new eyes. I want to capture the things I now see with a camera.

And hopefully along the way, I can take pictures that don't look horrible. Hahah.

This class is called Illuminate. It s a photo healing class. It is meant to use photography, blogging and journaling as a means to help these broken hearts of a mommy without her child. It is a way to visually catalog our path from brokenness to a mended heart. To show our hearts as we walk this journey of joy and heartache. Its about healing through photography. I know that God is going to use the next 4 weeks to continue to show Himself to me.

I will be taking this class with 10 other women and a wonderful teacher who is a fantastic photographer.  I was blessed by an anonymous woman who offered to pay for this class for me. I was not able to afford the fee for the class and someone paid for it! What a blessing. This woman has no idea how much this means to me. Thank you God for this opportunity. I will do my best in this class and learn everything I can so I can make sure to get the most I can out of this sweet gift; this class. 

I hope you all enjoy the next 4 weeks of my pictures and blogging. I will be posting my class assignments here, as well as other pictures that I take through this process..

Click here for more information on Illuminate.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

This sounds like so much fun. I look forward to seeing what you are doing! Oh, by the way. We are definitely going to homecoming this year :)

Stormy said...

Kristy, YAY!!! I am soooo excited that I will get to see you at homecoming!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Stormy, I have been wanting to take the Illuminate class, I just haven't yet! I know a lady named April who is also doing the class starting Monday! ;) I don't know if y'all are able to communicate with other people in the class, but if so, she's great! :) I look forward to hearing all about the class and what you learn - emotionally and about your photography. :)